The main two UH supported web conferencing tools include UH Google Hangouts Meet and UH Zoom. Here are some helpful resources to help you explore both options.
Using Google Meet
In the video tutorial:
- How to access Meet (0:44)
- How to create a meeting (2:06)
- Check your audio and video settings prior to joining (2:33)
- Copy join link to share with your students (5:29)
- Meet interface (6:01)
- Present entire screen or window (8:40)
- People list of who’s in your session (9:32)
- Text chat (10:23)
- Record meeting (11:03)
- Recording file saved to My Drive > Meet Recordings (12:47)
- Change share settings of the video file so students can view recording (13:28)
- Create a separate Meet session for each class.
- Create one Meet session for a Virtual Office.
- Send your students instructions on how to join the Meet session and include them in your Laulima course sites. Use our template to copy/paste the Meet instructions from on page 1. [Virtual Classroom instructions] [Virtual Office instructions]
- Create multiple Meet sessions to use as breakout rooms and then assign groups of students to each Meet session.
- Getting Started with Zoom
- Recording a Meeting or Lecture with Zoom
- Screen Sharing a Powerpoint and Video Simultaneously
UH Zoom Blog – latest news and information
- Zoom Tips – FERPA, breakout rooms, polling, and more