Task 1 (Day 2)
In your small group, create an interactive session about a topic of your choice that includes the tools and management practices you learned today. Use the tools appropriately in your session. Be sure to include at least as many poll slides as there are people in your group so that everyone gets a chance to moderate a poll again. Divide the work and share the moderating duties. Rehearse/practice in your group. You will present to the other group.
- web cam video
- audio (mic)
- participants window (permissions)
- text chat
- load presentation content to whiteboard
- record session
Task 2 (Day 3)
In your small group, create an interactive session about a topic of your choice that includes the tools and management practices you learned today. Use the tools appropriately in your session. Divide the work and share the moderating duties. Rehearse/practice in your group. You will present to the other group.
- application sharing
- web tour
- breakout rooms
- Load content ahead of time?
- Decide how to break participants into breakout rooms
- Tell audience instructions before sending them into rooms
- Use the timer?
- Copy whiteboard screens from breakout rooms to the Main Room for class discussion
- file transfer
Task 3 (Day 4)
Think about an introduction and/or ice breaker activity you want to do for your first-day-of-class. Discuss it in your small group for feedback. Create it to present using the necessary tools in Elluminate Live!. Share/Present with the whole class.
Task 4 (Day 4-5)
(Individual capstone project.) Create a first-day-of-class interactive online session and facilitate it in Elluminate Live! as a Moderator. Think of what first-day-of-class session you want to create using the tools and practices you learned thus far. Discuss your ideas in your small group. Create your content. Practice your delivery within your small group. Revise as necessary. Facilitate your session to the entire class on Friday. (Keep it to about 15 minutes max.)
Things to include and to keep in mind:
- Ice breaker
- Introduction (Share a video?)
- Preview of course (e.g. app share Laulima site)
- Syllabus (This could be turned into an activity too.)
- Game related to the course content
- Keep the “lecturing” parts to a few minutes
- Incorporate activities and opportunities for students to participate, share, talk to each other, etc.