What is eCAFE?
eCAFE is the online evaluation system used for Distance courses at Leeward Community College and throughout the UH System. Everything from setting the questions, to the students taking the surveys, to viewing the results is done online athttp://www.hawaii.edu/ecafe. There are 4 phases to eCAFE:
- Staff Setup – A Staff member is an officially designated user representing an organization (A campus, college, division, department, or subject). This user sets questions that will appear on all surveys for courses within that organization. The Staff user also designates a few instructor-specific settings.
- Instructor Setup – Instructors select questions to be added to their survey in addition to those selected by Staff.
- Evaluation – Students submit their completed evaluations.
- Results – Evaluation results are available for viewing -Login to eCAFE at http://www.hawaii.edu/ecafe whereyouwillhavethe option of making results available to others. Therearethreewaystoaccomplish this:
- via the “Email my results” button which gives access to a specific result set
- by downloading the results to a PDF file and forwarding it to the appropriate person, or
- by the “Share My Results” button which gives ongoing access to all results.
Please click on the image below.
The following are 16 recommended questions in eCafe for Distance Courses. Six are found in the first section, “Campus Specific Questions” and the last 10 are found in various sections (look for the number).
- The instructor was willing to help and respond to questions in a timely manner.
- Work requirements, course objectives, and grading system were clear from the beginning.
- The materials provided by the instructor were relevant to the course objectives.
- The course workload was well-distributed throughout the semester.
- The activities & assessments in this course were reflective of course objectives.
- I would recommend this instructor to other students.
- 003 I learned to apply principles from this course to new situations.
- 058 The instructor appears to have a thorough knowledge of the subject.
- 093 The instructor treated students with respect.
- 130 The instructor presented the course materials in a clear and organized way.
- 133 The amount of work required is appropriate for the credit received.
- 176 Assignments are returned promptly.
- 296 Online communication with class members and the instructor helped me to learn course materials in an effective manner.
- 325 Global appraisal: Considering everything how would you rate this COURSE? Circle one. [very poor – poor – average – good – excellent]
- (# missing) What did you like least about your online course experience?
- (# missing) What did you like most about your online course experience?
All eCafe questions as of 4/11/11