Welcome to the “first day of class”! Please join us in Elluminate Live!.
1. Ground Rules
- Arrive, start, and finish on time
- Complete every task
- Respect each other
- Be supportive of the other team members and their contributions
- Agree to disagree
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes
- Be open to the ideas of others
- Try new things
- Have fun!
2. Log into Elluminate Live! Training Session
Log in with the Participant link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2009459&password=M.6D90D5405251299645694362DC6F9D
Rachael’s link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2009459&miuid=48BCA1922FBBB6488968555CB7133C58
Do your Audio Setup Wizard to configure your audio devices.
3. Last minute prep
4. Individual sessions
Task 4 (Day 4-5)
(Individual capstone project.) Create a first-day-of-class interactive online session and facilitate it in Elluminate Live! as a Moderator. Think of what first-day-of-class session you want to create using the tools and practices you learned thus far. Discuss your ideas in your small group. Create your content. Practice your delivery within your small group. Revise as necessary. Facilitate your session to the entire class on Friday. (Keep it to about 15 minutes max.)
Things to include and to keep in mind:
- Ice breaker
- Introduction (Share a video?)
- Preview of course (e.g. app share Laulima site)
- Syllabus (This could be turned into an activity too.)
- Game related to the course content
- Keep the “lecturing” parts to a few minutes
- Incorporate activities and opportunities for students to participate, share, talk to each other, etc.
- Reflect on your experience in Elluminate Live! as a Moderator. What worked? What didn’t?
- What did you observe or learn as good practices for facilitating in Elluminate Live!?
- What knowledge or skills do you need to improve or develop?
6. Email to a friend
Think back on the workshop and recall one or two highlights. Also think about what two pieces of advice to give to your friend.
Post your email message as a reply to the discussion post.
7. Workshop evaluation
Please take a few minutes to evaluate the PRLS conference and the Elluminate Live!for Moderator’s workshop.