1. Ground Rules
- Arrive, start, and finish on time
- Complete every task
- Respect each other
- Be supportive of the other team members and their contributions
- Agree to disagree
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes
- Be open to the ideas of others
- Try new things
- Have fun!
2. Log into Elluminate Live! Training Session
Log in with the Participant link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2009459&password=M.6D90D5405251299645694362DC6F9D
Rachael’s link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2009459&miuid=48BCA1922FBBB6488968555CB7133C58
Do your Audio Setup Wizard to configure your audio devices.
3. Classroom Management Tools
Practice: Create content, manage content, insert images, navigation
- Application Sharing – use this to share a secured website
Practice: Share an app, give control to another user, share desktop
- Web Tour – use this to share regular websites and videos
Practice: Share a website, share a video
- Breakout Rooms
Practice: Create and manage breakout rooms, distribute participants, copy screens to main room
- File Transfer
Practice: Share a file
4. Task 2
In your small group, create an interactive session about a topic of your choice that includes the tools and management practices you learned today. Use the tools appropriately in your session. Divide the work and share the moderating duties. Rehearse/practice in your group. You will present to the other group.
- application sharing
- web tour
- breakout rooms
- Load content ahead of time?
- Decide how to break participants into breakout rooms
- Tell audience instructions before sending them into rooms
- Use the timer?
- Copy whiteboard screens from breakout rooms to the Main Room for class discussion
- file transfer
Greg’s vOffice (Ben & Miles): https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2009459&password=M.E156E4E67B8738651CA5F44949002E
Rachael’s vOffice (Ryan & Mike): https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2009459&password=M.6481E517872834EC0B0DA3A11133C5
Feedback form (.docx)
[Download “Day 3 Elluminate Live! Task 2” slides (.pdf)]
[Watch recording of Task 2 in Elluminate Live!]
- Reflect on your experience in Elluminate Live! as a Moderator. What worked? What didn’t?
- What did you observe or learn as good practices for facilitating in Elluminate Live!?
- What knowledge or skills do you need to improve or develop?
Post things to remember, tips, best practices, resources, etc. for using ElluminateLive! tools.