What is Digital Badging?
Badges represent a professional development accomplishment. More than a nice graphic, badges provide metadata on what you have achieved to earn the badge. This perpetual badge with metadata provides an online portfolio of your achievements. No more printing, scanning, (shredding?) and organizing (losing?) of paper letters of completion. Though if you wish to print out a certificate Badgr does have a link to do that. Also no more forgetting assessment details of what you accomplished to complete the professional development either.
Badgr is a badge service that works with your UH Google account, so there is no need for you to manage username or password of another siloed account. Badgr also is based on Open Badges 2.0 protocols which allows you to download and move your badges if desired.
What if I am already using Credly for badges?
As of September 2020, Credly has transitioned to a new brand identity called Acclaim and is no longer a free service. Badgr uses Open Badging 2.0 standards, it is recommended that you download your Credly badges and upload them into Badgr.
How do I access my Badgr badge?
1. Visit Badgr.com or click on “Create Account” link in the email you received when you’ve earned a badge.
2. On the Welcome to Badgr page, select to Create Account with Google.
3. Check the box to acknowledge the Terms of Service and Continue.
4. On the Welcome to Badgr page, scroll down to View Backpack.
5. Click on the badge title to learn more about the badge, print your certificate or share a link to it.
Thanks for taking the time to visit our EMC Blog. If you have thoughts, questions, or feedback, please comment below. – Mahalo